aol and windows dialers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lsasqwach

Beta member
ive always disliked aol, and ive tried this before, but with little or no research, so i was wondering if anybody knew of a way that i could use the dialer that comes with windows so i could connect to aol and bypass all that annoying crap in the gui?

thanks,

chris

you can try dial up networking if youre on win95/98, but you should get onother isp and say by to aohell

I had dial-up forever, because broadband wasn't available. When I was a computer newbie I used AOL, but of course I switched after visiting all the informative AOL hate sites (they say a lot about AOL, hehe)...so then I moved to Earthlink. Earthlink dial-up is awesome (for dial-up) of course.

The funny thing is, because my parents were already paying $100/month for Adelphia digital cable (hehe, every damn channel available, it's amazing), and because of certain promotional offers (I was able to actually purchase the modem for a one-time fee of $1, as opposed to paying $3/month for it), we were able to add Powerlink (Adelphia cable internet) to your bill for only $19.95 more!

Enough rambling about how I'm getting cable for $4/month cheaper than you're getting AOL dial-up...lol...

Back to the topic. I know with Earthlink you just enter the dial-up phone numbers into the Windows dialer...but I'm assuming AOL does something to block that, or else you wouldn't be posting...so...eh...don't know what to say ;).

i think aol did block it so people cant do it. i wonder if anybody ever tried to get around that...... i cant program good enough to even come close to that, so i was betting on someone else, but i guess not, well, thanks

Give it time, there's bound to be someone on this board who can help you...I think...

Edit: I just did some research, and there seems to be no way to bypass it. But you never know what the nerds on this forum might come up with (hehe, that's not an insult...nerd power!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom