Program that shuts down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
I need one to shut down my programs for XP I have way too many programs and its lagging me...any program out there?

Please explain. There are several programs that can kill other apps, but what is it that you want to really do? Kill a list of apps, the machine, logg off... if you can describe what you are wanting, it might help in resolving the problem for you...

well, an easy way would be to use the Windows Task Manager and just close any unecessary apps/processes there...

There was a program that was called end it all and it suut down known programs that were uneeded to run XP

Your problem lies in your computer's list of applications loaded at boot time. You can delete these entries so your system does not load them at startup by going to "Start" clicking on "Run" and typing "msconfig". From there you need to click on the "Startup" tab and uncheck everything that doesn't look like a driver for things like your printer, scanner, webcam, etc. After you change those settings you need to click on "Start", "Programs", "Startup" folder and see if anything resides in there. If so you need to right-click on "Start" and click "Explore All Users". From there you need to browse to the "Startup" folder described above and delete the shortcuts located in there. Restart your computer and it shouldn't load those extra programs at startup. Again, the only programs you need to be carefull removing from your startup list are programs you think may be drivers or anti-virus software/firewall links. Everything else is safe to remove. Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom