Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, its gonna pretty tough but I'll try it. And by the way, my comp has 2 fans (1 motherboard fan and one in top left corner(in like a box)) should I try cleaning them both? or just the one in the corner? And it's my first time doing it so I hope I don't screw it. Should I use alcohol or water?

if u were gonna use the compressed air u could leave them in...but if u are gonna use any type of liquid take them out of your case... and are you talkin about a cpu fan on top of your heatsink and the fan on your power supply?

I'm kinda new to this so I'll explain as well as I can.

My comp has 2 fans - one on the motherboard and one blowing the air out of the case, its located in the top left hand corner of the case. I was thinking of cleaning them both.

Ya i would use compressed air to clean both of those fans. Since you said this was a graphics prob...you might also want to check if you have fan on your actual graphics card and if so clean that one as well

Yes i do have one on my graphic card, but the card itself was installed a month ago and thats when the problem started.
I really appreciate your help guys, I'll do it now and if that doesn't help then i don't know. Thanks.

I finally found out what caused the problem. It was too high temp. inside the box. I opened the box and tried to play the same game and the video card worked perfectly, didn't freeze or anything. Im buying a new fan soon and I hope it solves the problem. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom