I need help with my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznballaboii

Solid State Member
I bought an Asylum Geforce fx5200 like a month ago, and it was working fine. Until now that is. After reconnecting my cd-drive, I turned the computer back on and the monitor was blank. Also connected to my computer is a PCI Trident graphics card, which was a temporary since my motherboard did not come with onboard graphics. So I plugged in my monitor to the Trident and it got pass boot up, but would freeze afterwards. I then took out the Geforce card, then it continued on to work fine ... in 16 bit graphics! So fellas ... is it my graphic card thats bad ... the Bios setting ... does it have anything to do with the IRQ? Please help!

Comp Specs
motherboard: Soyo
Chipset P4x400
CPU: p4 2.4
Ram 512mb ddr333
HDD: 60mb

it could be the drivers, what version drivers have you got?

try and boot up using your PCI graphics card but have your Geforce Fx5200 in as well

or it could be that you are using an 8x AGP card in a 4x slot or something

Check the card (the ge force) does it have a fan on it?

I am unaware if ti does or not, but if it does, then see if it spinning. If its not, chances are, your card has overheated.

Double check to make sure it is seated properly.

thanks ... i'll check the fan , but when i tried setting both graphics cards in, the computer would freeze after boot up.

o man ... u were right ADZ ... the fan has stopped and following boot up, theres the beep beep beep sound ... i have no idea how i overheated my card, have any advice to prevent future overheating?

Replace whatever video card cooling that comes with the board with a aftermarket cooler. Thermaltake.com has some good solutions for this.. Here's the link to their Video cooling list.

http://www.thermaltake.com/products/chipset/vgaoem.htm

Also, get as many case fans as your case will support, then cut wholes for at least 1 more (like in the side).

These steps should help dramatically..

Alexander

that sucks man, im getting a case with 8 fans (including the 2 in the PSU) im sick of my comp getting so hot, that oughtta help me run faster

heres the case

it has a 450W PSU and its the green one on the bottom here

with my vid card i messed my comp up cause well actually to this day im not exactly sure how i messed it up but i ended up sending my computer into repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom