Browser War. Pcworld test to see who is the best browser. Guess who won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor - ShoobieRat, Dreamweaver MX 2004 has a browser check utility to check for compatability
I know. That's what I use. I have DW setup to preview in a number of browsers....so I can see that IE works, and then what I'll have to fix to get the others to work. :angry:

ShoobieRat said:
Business sector of the Internet market is IE, hands down. Can't touch it.

As for downloads, you can control what IE does in the background. Besides, most of the hidden access-hacks are through the ActiveX controllers, which is not IE's fault, and is a downside to the power of ActiveX. If you turn off ActiveX, you'll find IE a lot more secure.

As for Firefox...*sigh*...look, it's a neat and nice little browser alternative and a great place to send the MS bashers...but it ain't up to snuff yet.
It's freaking annoying.

Plus if I want to do any Intranet/web-app work, it's gonna be IE hands-down anyway, so why bother?

Protect yourself.
Be smart.
Keep it simple.
Stop wasting my time.

i don't think i couild have said it better myself...
I guess you have to KNOW what you are doing. ;)

Firefox and opera are better web browsers. for normal people who just want to browse the internet, who don't have the know how to download a milion tools just to make IE somewhat safe.

you don't need a million tools to make opera or firefox (even netscape) safe

Opera is good, i admit. but i think firefox is still faster. with Opera, there's too much tabs and buttons congesting the window which i think is bad. other than that, it's quite good but i'm still sticking with firefox :D

just wait... as time goes on and with all the hype of firefox... and the understanding that so many home users (the typical target for spyware and popup adds) using firefox and opera, it's only a matter of time before they too are targeted by the creators of spyware and malware.

yes, but also as time goes on, Mozilla will enhance Firefox to make it even more secure and avoid future spyware threats.

Napoleon said:
yes, but also as time goes on, Mozilla will enhance Firefox to make it even more secure and avoid future spyware threats.

Right...

Last time I checked microsoft only cares enough about it to do on a part time basis and they are not interest in it enough to fix it fully

(not directed at anyone!, just a rant and opinion.)

don't get me wrong, i'm not defending IE.

i'm just fed up with everyone saying Firefox and Opera are so wonderfull, like the code was written by a supernatural being... or they are packaged in gold!!!
Firefox is a slim-down version of Mozilla, based on a code that isn't targeted by most spyware and viruses. it's security is mostly based on it's inability to comply with certain at risk like active x for one. or layers. and compounded by it's "under the radar" possision in the eyes of those developing spyware.
in my opinion Firefox is nothing brilliant! it's nothing new! if anything it's taken an out of date version of netscape browser technology added some bells and whistles and a tune up and there you go, the "anti spyware, anti popup king of the world!"

what is so inovative about it? what has it done that couldn't already? where is the shinning new developement?

it's nothing revolutionary!

it's like amd vs intell, or chevy vs ford!!!

i'm just sick of all the hype... and i don't understand what's so special about it...

but enough of my rant...
i'm about to go home and use my home PC with Firefox on it ;)

@ TheMajor

thx, actually i might just start using it for a couple of days. who knows, i might even stick to it permanently. forgive me fellow firefox users...

@ Roshie

L
M
A
O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom