Advantage of USB Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm whatever keyboard comes with the logitech mx duo....wireless...and then i replaced that mouse with the mx 1000 laser mouse

Simple. You take a USB wireless keyboard, put on the USB-to-PS\2 adapter, and bingo...you have a PS\2 wireless keyboard. :)

Anyway, like said above, USB keyboards often have problems with pressing multiple keys at once. This is a major pain when playing FPS games where you're doing finger-twister constantly.

With low bandwidth devices like Keyboards and Mice (hehe i said Mice) it doesnt really matter if you use USB or PS/2, the data transfer is so low that it doesnt matter. However look for the quality of the keyboard which might help with the tasks you want to do.

If you do graphics/design intensive tasks and have a fine optical mouse, the USB is the way to go. Most mice, even average optical mice, aren't fast enough for USB though.

The annoying green thing that pops up when using USB devices. Driver problems when using different devices on same port. Crappy USB DSL modems. Waiting for the damn modem to connect. I had bad bad experience with USB. Nothing ever seems to work properly when using a lot of devices. Dunno why, maybe I've been doin something wrong. The most annoying thing is that a lot of USB hardware comes with extremely crappy drivers with crappy annoying, useless programs that run in your system tray.

Is he hinting at wanting to build a MAME cabinet? I would just suggest a good keyboard encoder. They are about $35. But I dont know what he wants.

only real useful thing for usb over ps2 for keyboards and mice is that usb is hot swapable well its useful when settin comp up. i think so anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom