New to overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hartman

Baseband Member
I have an old P3 700mhz HP that I've been using just to listen to music and surf the web. I'm wanting to overclock it but I'm not really sure where to begin. I've read a lot of info on it but some things I am unclear about. First, what is the best program to download to change the processor speeds? Second, how high can I go safely? I have upgraded cooling, I have a 80mm intake fan at the bottom of my case and a 80mm fan at the top for exhaust. CPU temps stay around 33 celsius right now under light loads.

Thanks. :)

there really isn't a "best" program to use, unless only one of them works on your CPU and motherboard

find out what your motherboard BIOS chip is (not the software, but the hardware)
the software would usually be from Award, Phoenix or American Megatrends, but your actual chip may be from Winbond or something else. this is what you want to look for

Motherboard is an ASUS Kestrel.
Chipset is VIA Apollo Pro
Bios software is Award.

I guess my main question would be, what program do I have to download to change the values? I've read a lot of info but I'm still not sure what exactly to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom