NTLDR is missing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
i changed a fan and had to unplug my slave hard drive because it was on the same power connector (the fan had a splitter so you don't waste a power connector)
i started the computer b ack up, everything was fine, hard drives were deceted/cd rom....i get to the verify DMI pool....and....

NTLDR is missing
press any key to restart

last time this came up i had to format......:(

if that hard drive was your slave drive, them you probably have a jumper setting wrong or something unpluged, because the master drive is your OS

i dunno..wheni boot up, all the hard drives and cd rom are reconized and in the right ide cable hook up.

*shrugs*
i was told i can just reinstall window's...so tha's probalby what i 'll end up doing...i mustof had got a virus that deletes it or something.

thanks for the help

meh...not your fault that my computer is dumb.

runs for a reeeal long time with no problems at all..then i do one little thing to it in order to help it out and it does this to me....lol

Try fiddling with the hard disk acces mode in bios. This ihas happened to me using Win 2000 pro. The access mode in bios being wrong can cause heaps of problems. Usually you set it to LBA.

this happens usually because the boot.ini is corrupt or missing
if you have a friend with an OS that can read NTFS, take your hard drive to his house, put it in his computer, and create a text file called 'boot' into the root directory of your drive
put this into it:

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\your windows folder
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\your windows folder="Microsoft Windows 2000 Proffessional" /fastdetect

click file, save as, select "all files" in the list and add .ini to the end of the file name

then take your hard drive back to your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom