Windows Task Manager Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without saying....an IE user!
This user has been ATTACKED. He would be better off to format and reinstall. After the reinstall, install all security updates then use FireFox.
PERIOD!

just follow the instructions to properly submit a Hijackthis log to Southernlady and the security team.

Roshi229 said:
just follow the instructions to properly submit a Hijackthis log to Southernlady and the security team.

I'd be suprised if the Southern Lady could help this soul. DO OVER!!

lol... maybe.
but i've read some of the older threads... she's done some kung fu b4...
threads like this should still be posted properly in the security thread, once it becomes aparent that it is a spyware issue.

i only say b/c it could get out of hand if everyone started posting screenshots and hijackthis logs everywhere...

thanks for understanding...
and i hope it doesn't come to a rebuild~~ those stink.

All is asking for icons in the taskbar and what not. EVIL does not show in the task bar. We never seen how many processes are running. I'd bet that blast or variants are running on this machine.

BTW, you can copy text out of the hijack log file and post it instead...spare this forum the memory crunch.

A lot of memory hog programs also running in the taskbar. Some people have as many as 10 or so running that don't need to be running. Just on the taskbar he posted has 3 that don't need to be there if he isn't using them. No telling how many more are running that are hidden.

Warez Monster said:
A lot of memory hog programs also running in the taskbar. Some people have as many as 10 or so running that don't need to be running. Just on the taskbar he posted has 3 that don't need to be there if he isn't using them. No telling how many more are running that are hidden.

i tried to delete the programs from the task bar but, it will only let my hide them, where do i go to delet them from the task bar
?.

Go to Start, Run, Type MSCONFIG. Go to the General tab, click on disable all. Reboot and the tell us how many processes you have running and if your pc runs or boots faster. The only thing you should leave on is your antivirus. I almost guarantee you that your system is set to a normal setup with all devices enabled and that means they all start up. And you don't need 99% of them. Can you do a before and after screen shot, a close screen shot of the msconfig and post here so everyone can see? Also tell us how many processes are running in the task manager once you finished this.

he has submited a HJT log to Southernlady in the proper location...
however if you are going to take screen shots i would recomend using Alt + Print Screen to take a screen shot of ONLY the ACTIVE window... this will keep you from having to crop the pictures
and if you run HijackThis again, select the top option for scan and save log... it will ask you where to save... give it a name and location and it will pop up with the .txt file... then you can copy and paste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom