power supply for motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i misunderstood what you said. i thouht you were plugging it in an regular AC outlet on the power supply. most of the hardware you want to upgrage with sound like they will work but the new hard drive you want to buy supports ATA100 but your motherboard only supports UDMA 33/66 so the hard disk will be slowed down. you said you recently purchased this motherboard but it sounds like a old used motherboard from a few years ago. so given that i would just buy cheapest atx power supply i could find for it.

i need a case for the thing .. i was looking at case power supply combinations. And yes the mobo is older but new. I had a amd slot a processor sitting here and decided that it was a shame to waste it. so i got mobo cheap and am using parts from another older system that i had laying around here to get this one up and running. But the old case is in bad bad shape.

I am trying to determine what if any of the other items i can use. I know that i need at least a hard drive and possibly a sound card .. I will have to try the video card and then determine if i need to purchase new or not.

trying to save as much money as possible as I truely am giving the system away.

I rebuild the old computers and give them away to students in my area that can not afford to purchase a pc. To date i have given away 2 and am working on #3 and #4.

well 95% of cases come with a power supply
a lot of power supplys come with a surge protector feature
as for the new Hard Drive Seagate is a good brand, how much would you have to pay for it?

i have been searching around the net for the seagate hd and i have found it for 29.00 after mail in rebate of $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom