Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
Hi. I've recently bought a video card. I spent about $200 on it, it's an ATI card. Since I installed it(about a month ago) everything works fine untill the point when i play WarCraft 3 ROC. Everything seems ok while Im in the game, but in middle of the game an error comes up saying that the video card stopped respoding and it says tell ATI about it. Send error report and Don't send(where do i remember that from?). Does anyone know what can cause this? I have 384MB of ram.
I appreciate your help.

does it say anything about vpu recover? if it does this is typcally a heating problem I believe, my 9800xt does that often enough but its really damn hot, so I know I have heating problems but im tryin to solve them involving piping in cold air from outside.

I don't really remember if it said something about VPU, but I'll try to check it out asap.

EDIT: If the problem is because of overheating, what should be replaced? Fan?

hmm, is your case real cluttered? (I know mine is). more fans possibly, put a regular fan in front of your case fans. Theres other extreme measures you can take but I"m going for more intensive solutions.

So if I buy a new fan (the one in the top-left hand corner in my comp) or clean the old one it should help?

mm... If its working fine which it probably is then it wont help much. you may have driver problems or something. Which card do you have?

One of the Radeons I think,(not sure cuz i threw out the box) 256MB. It was exactly about $180.

And the funny thing is, about a few months ago I got a new V-card (geforce 5700) and it worked for 3 months. I was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went off ("no sync") and you know the rest of the story. I'm pretty sure its something wrong with my fan, all the drivers installed came with the Video Card so I think it's not the cause of it.

I really appreciate your help man, I know there are millions of people with problems like me, crying for help.

Are you talking about the fan on the gfx card or in your case? right-click on your desktop, go to properties, go to settings, and tell me what it says for what the display is on. and then push advanced and tell me what it says, (it should tell you what your card is in there somewhere).

I was talking about the fan in the computer(not the card) because in my opinion it is the cause of this. When I get home (in about 4 hours) I'll tell you exactly what Video Card i have.

if it is a heating prob, then u mite wanna clean up the whole inside of yer com n also consider getting some case fans. coz dust traps heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom