Socket A Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChipX, with such a computer why don't you have 10K RPM drives...that'd basically top it off quite nicely.

I can't imagine how fast an FX-55 at 3.6GHz is though. That's a freakin 1GHz increase which I didn't even think was possible with those CPU's

3.6 wasn't possible with FX-53, but with the FX-55 it was. The Sledgehammer (Opteron/FX-53/FX-51) only oced so much. The Clawhammer (FX-55) is a much better overclocker than the Sledgehammers so I can see that.

Guys, I'm getting...
DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B
XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP8x
Thermaltake Volcano 12

I'm using the case that it is already in...Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech Silver Case (Very Nice and Sleek too) and an Antec 450W PSU True Power I believe.

What do you think?

Megadeth these are the downfalls of the products you just mentioned.

The DFI board is a gamble because I heard they are not all the same, performance wise. Some are AWESOME and some are duds apparently.

the geforce 6xxx series are good performers especially at humongous resolutions and Doom 3. If you want to save $100 buy a radeon 9700pro and play games at 1024x768 at almost the same smooth quality!

As fore the volcano it will cool very well and give you a better overclock but for 50 more MHz your computer will sound like a vacuum cleaner while ur playing solitaire! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom