trying to do a "clean instal"help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:O

Just boot the 2k disc and follow the steps, and select (F) to format!!!!!!!!!

as simple as that

RTFIOUS=Read The ****ing Instructions On Ur Screen

I would love it if all that was required was reading the ****ing instructions. I would also love it if you aholes would take the time to read all the relevant posts. When I get to the point where making selections such as Format or Delete,etc. would be valuable, pressing the keys doesn't do anything. Didn't last 18 post and STILL DOESN'T. so buzz off brother. You ain't exactly the brightest bulb in the box here.

I didn't mean to piss u off,
Philip Gerding

I was kind of surprised cause there are people suggesting "more" complicated wayz to format it (no offense)
and I did not read the other posts thorougly. Sorry for this.

I would like to help you solve your problem/ help you format + install 2k.

You know, calling someone a little mother ****er isn't exactly watching your mouth either. Stupid ass, i'm starting to realize you have some people skills problems. This is only the second time I have been anoyed at these forums and you happen to be involved both times. I for one don't think it means shit how many posts someone has, when there wrong there wrong, and he was wrong, I'm glad he apologized and admitted he did not read the rest of the posts. Maybe you should try to apologize also.

Now to help this guy out with his problem, try a different keyboard, I had a keyboard that wouldn't let me select any of these options and I changed keyboards and all was fine.

Josh

Josh18657 said:
You know, calling someone a little mother ****er isn't exactly watching your mouth either. Stupid ass, i'm starting to realize you have some people skills problems. This is only the second time I have been anoyed at these forums and you happen to be involved both times. I for one don't think it means shit how many posts someone has, when there wrong there wrong, and he was wrong, I'm glad he apologized and admitted he did not read the rest of the posts. Maybe you should try to apologize also.

Now to help this guy out with his problem, try a different keyboard, I had a keyboard that wouldn't let me select any of these options and I changed keyboards and all was fine.

Josh

finally, a possible answer to the problem. Now children behave

when you install, it should give you an option to either:
" format the partition using NTFS (quick)"
"format the partition using NTFS (full)
"leave the current partition intact"

if you got this screen, select one of the first 2 options

Here is my suggestion, just a simple FDISK and FORMAT is all that you need. Should take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the harddrive. This will take care of the other installations that are on there. You should be up and running. You shouldn't run any other useless program on there. It's just makes things more complicated for you.

How to Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom