switching users problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmum

Baseband Member
hi there I'm having a little trouble using the switching users I'm running xp pro and there are four users on my puter when i go to the switch user and click on someone else the screen goes black then comes back on to the logon screen but then it won't do anything I have to restart the whole computer any help would be appreciated:D :D :D :D :eek:

yeah I tried that but then you have to log off and the whole system restarts again ???

Try and make another profile and see if you can log on to it. You might need to transfer their files and folders they want to the admin profile and delete those accounts and then remake them. But before you do that, try the first suggestion first, unless someone else has another idea.

Did you try system restore/last known good configuration? Get into safe mode w/command prompt and go to run and paste this: %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
See if that works, but only if you have created a restore point. If you haven't, try LKGC.

thanks for all your help I ended up doing a format cause there was a couple of other stuff ups I'm still working out how to use xp I'm used to 98 but thanks to all for youyr help
mandy:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom