Dusting your pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with using an air comressor is there is a good chance of having moisture in the line's or in the tank it's self,but if you had a moisture trap some where on the line i think it would be alright to use,but there is still that big risk of frying your comp.

hmm.. well I feel a little better, that thing had three years of dust on it and the air compressor did the trick, I just discovered that my cpu heatsink below my fan has a ton of dust on it, oh well when i put my new thermal compound on it then I'll fix that.

Uh...or you could just do like I do and hold the vacuum hose up near where I'm blasting with the compressed air and suck the dust away as I blow it off. I wouldn't subject my components to the force of a vacuum, but holding the hose a few inches away works great at sucking up those clouds of dust as you blow them off.

true, with years on it the dust is pretty heavy and it can just settle back inside, so vaccuming it up would be advisable.

blowing dust out with your mouth wouldnt be a great idea because you could get little droplets of spit all the way through ur pc which wouldnt be great

pressure washer. make sure your booted up. there is a slight risk of shock so wear shoes with rubber soles.... oh and your welcome

I have used a vacuum on prolly over 200 pc's at work and havent had a problem? I'm just curious as what has happend to some of your PC's to advise against this..lol..did something get sucked in?

Canned air works good so long as you do it outside or somewhere you dont want to allocate dust to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom