best computer possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
ok hows this for a computer.

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55

2 Nvidia Geforce 6800 ultras linked in SLI x2 pci express versions (yes there are ultra pci versions)

PIONEER DVR-108 BEIGE 16X DUAL

Nvidia nforce 4 SLI lanparty nf4 sli-dr

2 200 GB hard drives 7200rpm 8mb cache (Raid 0)

Corsair TWINX1024-4000PRO

Blade Deluxe tower with power supply and fan

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY2 ZS PLATINUM PCI CARD

1.44MB floppy drives Panasonic

Windows XP Professional Operating System

a link to the blade case is here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51062&item=6734069772&tc=photo

any opinions or views is very much appreciated. and credit goes to masterjason for helping me with some information

I don't think that Corsair is very good personally. For the same price or under you can get better RAM (if you are considering overclocking)

More HDD space won't do anything for your PC unless you need it. It actually might slow you down trying to run 400GB of crap and only needing an 80GB drive. 7200RPM drives are pretty slow as well compared to more expensive 15K drives or better.

I'd go for an Audigy4...there available in Japan. See if you can find one...:)

so its possible to get 15000 rpm? i thought 10,200 or something like that was the fastest? and thanks for the hard drive information but i heard that having two hard drives makes transfers more smoother then having one filled with stuff.

ok now change my recent drive with a 1 10,000rpm 200gb 8mb cache hard drive.

now then is that the best computer possible?

jblaze725 said:
cordsair is excellent ram. expensive but a very strong performer and good for overclocking.

For less money you can get better performance most of the time. Corsair doesn't perform the best in comparison 100% of the time...it's of course not the only choice. But get what you want, everyone has that right. Corsair usually performs well and is very stable...i jsut don't prefer it. I got my OCZ's cheaper than same rated Corsairs at the time...and they did very well (240MHz on stock voltage, haven't seen that yet on same rated Corsair kit. they usually take lots more voltage) My friends kit runs with tighter timings @240MHz (2-2-2-5) but it takes a whopping 3.2v to reach it, and the difference of CAS2.5-2 is only like 20 points in some benchmarks. Not tom mention he is topped...he cant get a better overclock unless he wants to fry his RAM...i'm still on 2.65v and have lots more room. If only my PSU was better lmao.

You can get 15K drives...there just ridiculously priced. And yes 2*HDD is usually faster with a RAID 0 setup. But 2*200GB might be overkill for a gaming rig. Try 2*60GB or something...unless you really do need 400GB of RAM.

15,000 RPM drives are worthless right now in my opinion, while they may be fast, they are bloody expensive, way more than they are worth.

I like the idea of having one or two small yet fast access drives, and then a much larger but slower accessing drive. This seems like a very good cost effective approach to storage at the moment, especially during the migration from ATA to SATA.

My next major build, which should happen in March I think, will consist of two 36GB Raptor drives in a RAID 0, and one larger 300GB IDE drive. The mass storage IDE drives are great value right now in my opinion, and I don't need all my data accessed at 150mb/s or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom