dell case, possible to soup up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks awesome but how would you cut the metal? and on one side the mother is screwed too.

lol, i dont mean pimping out the case....LOL

i mean the inside....i was talking about that i wanted to know if it (the dell) can be upgraded w/ new mobo

i know now that i cant tho

Cut the metal like the dude in the mod did it. With a dremel. He's cutting plastic but they have cutting disks for metal.

geek tip: wear a face shield/mask

i was using my dremel to cut out my fan grills a while ago, and i broke like 7 disks lmao. when they break they usually fly off in all directions, and one cut my ear tip clean when it busted. i was scared outta my pants lmao. what if that was my eye!!! stronger disks like mentioned above won't bust easy like my cheap ones did. i'm sure you know all about safety though if you aquired and use all that workshop stuff alot.

Well, those disks aren't cheap they just have a variety of sturdiness. There's really thin ones, which I'm guessing you used, then there are slightly thicker ones for even heavier cutting. Then after that they have fiberglass reinforced cutting blades that shouldn't break at all. I already broke one of the thin metal disks when I first got the kit because I was seeing how sturdy they were. Just broke it in my finger tips :p

So I'd assume at 35K RPM it wouldn't take much to break them. If you're going straight lines it shouldn't mess with em, it's when you start curving that they decide to break.

Wearing a face shield is like the first rule in the dremel handbook lol

yah the ones i had at the time broke in ur fingers if u werent careful...i wouldn't cut anything with them. i got a new dremel for x-mas and it has a couple diff ones...not sure what they are made of though. haven't tested it out yet...:( i need a diff case lol.

Just a comment here I just bought a Dell dimension 8400 case here is a link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6731730995&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I seen this on Ebay and thought wow why don't I just put one together??? Kind of wishing I had found this site before I bought it, finding out that AMD processors are better for gamming but kind of late now as I have bought a P4 3.4ghz (550) processor then I bought the ram (crucial ballistiz ddr2 4300 533mhz 1G )
What I am saying is that bye the time I get done getting all the stuff needed I would have been better off just buying a new Dell for less money and a Warrantee. I still can't find the actual model # for the Intel motherboard, called Dell up and talked to a guy that could hardly speak English and all he could tell me was its the 925x model...thanks bud I knew that... I wanted specifics.

Well just to end this I just wanted to say save your drives buy a new Atx case there not that expensive and go from there....I am pretty sure I am going to run into some teriable problems when I get everything for a complete system and I dont know dittly about the insides of the computer so I am real new at this also but you got to start somewhere:)

hey, least you got a PCIe slot, PCI-e's (pci express) are the fastest current slots for vid cards...

comp looks good to me so far, just make a thread and ask ppl what they think you should get

i'd help but i dunno much either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom