Can I erase a regular CD-R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hi, I want to reformat a CD-R so I can play it as an audio cd. Currently it has mp3s burned as data, I tried getting rid of them through windows explorer but it said the files are read only and can not be deleted, BUT adding new files will overwrite them automatically. I went back to my music program (iTunes) and it wouldn't burn the disc again because there were already files on it. Is there some other utility out there that ill allow me to reformat my CD-R, or is it done for?

thanks
og5

You can erase a CD-R...(put it in your microwave for 5 seconds and it'll be erased)...but you can't rewrite on it. That would require a REWRITEABLE CD...CD-RW...RW...REWRITEABLE...

Duh.

Hairdryers are great for erasing CD's.

Also, has anyone noticed that the hole in the center of a CD-R is like the perfect size for an m80? Stack those suckers together, pop in da-bomb and have your own little Afghanistan in your backyard.

ok thats what i thought, but windows gave me that message so i asked.

thanks

bolt the thing to a router plug it in and duck...
don't try this at home!!

and by router i mean the power tool

Hehehehe. let's see what other interesting ways there are to "erase" a CD....My mom once broke a game of mine in half with her hands. I tried it with a regular CD-R that I wasn't using. CD's are pretty hard to break with your hands! Or maybe I'm just plain weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom