XP Boot Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright so I got the 6 disks for WinXP setup and all that for my dads laptop which has just basically gone off the deep end as far as functionality goes. His CD-Rom barely works so it won't load the WinXP CD. Now I made the boot disk and put in the first one and I get this error:

"File /biosinfo.inf could no be loaded. The error code is 4107"

And then press any key to exit.

Searching yielded little results on this. Anyone else come across this in their experience because I'd sure like to know so I can get his dang machine formatted already =/

Thanks in advance

I've never seen that problem, but if you're just trying to get to a command prompt to reformat, you could grab a win98 bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com and use that to boot the machine.

Then you could re-format (given it has fdisk.exe on the disk) or use it to run a floppy based WinXP install (is there even such a thing?)

Yeah, the WinXP boot disks is a floppy based WinXP install. The main files needed for setup anyway.

I got this bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com which actually linked me to the M$ site. I've been to the command prompt already and it doesn't recognize a hard drive at all. Pretty weird

so at the command prompt, it doesnt recognize a hd but the bios does? or can you not get into the bios?

Whew...hosed the fasha's machine, huh? You mods are truly evil! :)

JK

Anyway, so you made the 6 boot disks for XP. What's your computer do when you boot it up? Does it crash, freeze, load Windows, etc?

4107 usually indicates a corruption of the installer files. Make new disks and see what happens.

i had this last install on old CDrom that would not boot...
replaced floppy 1 and had same problem when i got to 3 replaced that floppy and it worked fine...
i think it was the floppy disks i was using... they were kinda old... once replaced with new floppys and i remade my 6 disk set... the record went double platnum... oops, i mean it worked like a charm.

I usually have to download those bootdisks twice just because the connections tend to corrupt the files. Not sure what's up with MS's bootdisk server, but whatever. Who said this stuff had to be simple?

oh yeah...
Shoobie just reminded me of another problem i was having...
i would recomend getting the disks from the MS website. for some reason (although they like to corrupt durring Xfer) they tend to be more reliable.

Make new disks. Its not unusual for floppydisks to fail. I had to re-make my W2k disks 7 times before they all worked. Get some of those really expensive Sony disks. They always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom