Hard Drives ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
What hard drives do you recomend. I was planning on getting a WD but someone told me they are renowned for going wrong. Ive heard bad things about Maxtor too. Are seagates anygood ?

Maxtor = Kak
Seagate = Relaible, Sata=fast and reliable<<Go for a seagate
WD= Fast, quite reliable
Samsung= Dunno

I had a 160 GB Seagate SATA harddrive.

After installing Visual Studio .NET (a 4 Gigabyte programming tool), I had a harddrive failure.

Seagate's customer service and warranty is amazing. They have extremely easy to use tools online to test if your harddrive is bad. If the results come up as a bad harddrive, seagate automatically takes you to a quick form for you to get a new replacement for your harddrive which is guaranteed under their five year warranty.

At my work, about half of ourharddrives in the PCs are seagates while the other half are maxtors, and there is far more maxtor harddrives failing than the seagate PCs.

KornNut said:
I had a 160 GB Seagate SATA harddrive.

After installing Visual Studio .NET (a 4 Gigabyte programming tool), I had a harddrive failure.

Seagate's customer service and warranty is amazing. They have extremely easy to use tools online to test if your harddrive is bad. If the results come up as a bad harddrive, seagate automatically takes you to a quick form for you to get a new replacement for your harddrive which is guaranteed under their five year warranty.

At my work, about half of ourharddrives in the PCs are seagates while the other half are maxtors, and there is far more maxtor harddrives failing than the seagate PCs.

Thats exactly why i posted

Maxtor = Kak
Seagate = Relaible, Sata=fast and reliable<<Go for a seagate
:D

thats reasuring (dont think ive spelt that right).

I think im going to go with the seagate, its only a tenner more than the WD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom