upgrade advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Baseband Member
Ok, I know I tried this before, but since I don't have any experience with computer hardware, I'll let you talk it through me.

I have a budget of about £500, but that is flexible if need be, and a 5 year old computer. The computer is too old to be of any use, so I want to just replace most of whats in the case, besides my DVD/CD-R drive and floppy drive, at the moment I would like to keep them to save a bit of money.

I was thinking on the lines of AMD 64 bit CPU, for price and future proofing, but I really don't know much about hardware, but I am trying to learn, honest! The machine is to be used for college, games, online games and 3D studio max/Maya (for college).

I do realise that this is my second thread, so if it is not welcome I urge the mods here to delete it. I am also doing this from a library, my pc dosn't go online until the 22nd, 500k broadband is the best I could afford :)

newegg.com
if you dont need a case or any optical drives, you should be able to do ok, and you dont need to rush on the amd64, wait for the price drops

newegg only ships to america, but is it still a good place to compile a shopping list?

Could you recommend a board, or should I expect to pay avout £108 for something like this:

Asus A8N-SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom