Media player won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvs666

Solid State Member
Hey,

I clicked on my Windows Media Player icon(10 series) and it gave me an error:
wmderror.jpg

I then tried re-installing it but it gives me the same error. I then went to control panel>add or remove programs but (weird) the icon wasn't there.I went to 'search' but it won't open and the 'help and support' won't open as well. So in short everything related to Windows(XP professional) is NOT opening.What do I do, help would be appreciated , thnx .:)

Edit:I also tried windows updates but that is not opening as well.

HELP ME!!!!

Nobody? plz this seems like a big deal to me. Stupid windows updates aint opening!!!

click the add or remove window components to the left in the add or remove programs section

Warez Monster said:
Did you try system restore?

And how did you un-install MP 10?

System Restore won't open and I didn't uninstall MP10 , because I can't find where the un-installer file , the icon is not even in the add or remove programs in the control panel so I just tried to over-write it by re-installing but it gives me the same error.

EricB said:
click the add or remove window components to the left in the add or remove programs section

I tried that - no use.

Edit : I tried to open paint to paste a screenshot but PAINT is missing as well. A pop up says that it's missing shortcut.

A simple fix would be to re-install XP. To remove MP, go to your add/remove sections, go to add/remove windows components and you will find it there.

Warez Monster said:
A simple fix would be to re-install XP. To remove MP, go to your add/remove sections, go to add/remove windows components and you will find it there.

I don't want to re-install man.Isn't there another solution? Or Can I just format the drive where windows is installed? because most of my important data are on the other 2 drives.

Ok I think I know why I might have these problems:

A night before I had this WMP error , Norton Anti Virus 2003 popped up and said that there is an Internet program error and i'd have to un-install and re-install it again. I couldn't find the 2003 cd so I instead installed the 2002 ver of Norton. It then didn't get registered so I uninstalled that. Then I installed the free edition of AVG anti virus from grisoft.com and scanned my whole computer.

But I don't understand because after that I was watching a few videos on Windows Media Player and it was working perfectly. I switched off my pc , turned it back on and then these weird things started happeneing.

Don't reformat yet. Try reinstalling first. That should just steamroll over all the windows settings and straighten things out.

Seriously, though, dude. If you can't get MP to work, your Windows-Paint won't work and your Add-Remove process ain't functioning correctly, you've messed things up royal.

What have you been doing to this poor machine?

I know you don't like it, but it sounds like you've got serious problems and you're going to have to spend time with this. There are no simple solutions for a destroyed machine...........within the legal and non-explosive realm.

ShoobieRat said:
Don't reformat yet. Try reinstalling first. That should just steamroll over all the windows settings and straighten things out.

Seriously, though, dude. If you can't get MP to work, your Windows-Paint won't work and your Add-Remove process ain't functioning correctly, you've messed things up royal.

What have you been doing to this poor machine?

I know you don't like it, but it sounds like you've got serious problems and you're going to have to spend time with this. There are no simple solutions for a destroyed machine...........within the legal and non-explosive realm.

Ok I hear ya but by re-installing won't all my data get deleted. Won't I have to re-install my graphic card again? wont I have to re-install my internet again? Firstly I dont know how to re-install and plus I fear that I'll lose all my data. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom