DRM Limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
I was reading an article, and it mentioned DRM limits on mp3's, and in the context that it used it it led me to believe that this is some sort of copyright that allows you to play a song only a select few times. Is this the case? If so, there is this song that I love, and whenever I aquire a copy of it, it only plays once and then never again. I can even burn it to a cd and nothing. Is this because of the DRM limits?

I just read the article. it seems you misconstrued what they said.

Originally posted by Wired Magazine
Music lovers hate DRM limits on their MP3s because they expect their music to behave like a piece of property - something they can own forever and transfer from device to device.

they were saying that people, hate it if is was implement on mp3, not that it was actually implemented. it is implemented on wma though

waynejkruse10 said:
Whats the point of DRM if anybody can get past it.

Everybody hasn't figured this out yet.

waynejkruse10 said:
With DRM, why dont you copy your music to Audio CD to play in your normal cd player. Then rip with a program like audiograbber.
Wayne

that this is the way to get around it. I personally burn it with a burning program with cd text, so that when I rip it back, it already has the name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom