X800xt vs X800xt PE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean53180

Solid State Member
I searched through the forums here and didnÂ’t see much on the differences of the two. I know the clocking is different but how much real world difference does it make. I need a new card and IÂ’m going to get one or the other but if the difference isnÂ’t that much IÂ’ll get the cheaper x800xt. IÂ’m not going 6800 way because of the power needs.

Thanks

well rememeber agp is only 8x while pci-e is 16x which could make a big difference when ur playing a heated only battle on doom3 or halflife 2

great choice man. the x800 xt and xt pe own.

the x800 xt pe has slightly higher frequencies. the thing i love about ati is that they are really user friendly unlike nvidia. so u will have no trouble modifying the video card. u can even overclock the x800 xt to platinum frequencies or just flash the bios without having to change the cooling.

check it man.

socom234 said:
well rememeber agp is only 8x while pci-e is 16x which could make a big difference when ur playing a heated only battle on doom3 or halflife 2

no difference between the two. check it man.

ChipX, what is this line about ATi being user friendly. nVidia is just as user friendly as ATi. The X800XT is the same card as the X800XT PE and this goes for the 6800GT and the 6800Ultra except they have different BIOSs which give each a different preset than the other. An X800XT is flashable to an X800XT PE and a 6800GT is flashable to a 6800Ultra. AGP 8x has half the bandwith of PCIe or is it ten times less than the bandwith of PCIe. As far as we are concerned, the only card that comes close to using more bandwith of PCIe is the X800XL which in my opinion is a very good card. I would personally get a GeForce 6800GT and flash it to a 6800Ultra, but that is your decision.

Just get the X800XT and overclock it if you need to. I doubt you would need to overclock a beast of a card like that except for benchmarking purposes.

i would get the nvidia 6800 gt and overclock it to ultra or higher and if you arnt going to use sli, get the nv silencer 5, it is much quieter than the stock heatsink and alows stable overclocks quite a bit higher tahn the ultra even....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom