Radeon 9700 Pro Hardware (i think) problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltsdog

Baseband Member
Ok, well I just installed my new Radeon 9700 Pro video card, and I am almost positive everything is installed correctly, all the latest drivers and such, but the problem is this. Whenever I try to play any game using OpenGL (i think thats what it is using), all the graphics start messing up. Like the pixels start disappearing, there are black splotches on people, there are crazy vertical pink lines all over the screen. Then, if I exit out of the game, my desktop keeps some of the problems, like the random vertical pink lines and such. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

PS: Also, I forgot to mention, that if I leave my computer off for a very long time, like all night, then I start it up in the morning, it works perfectly for about 5-10 minutes before it does exactly what I explained before. Thanks again!

What was the previous card you had in there? Was it an ATI or nvidia? Have you tried the latest catylast drivers from ATI's site? What games do you have problems, and which ones dont give you problems?

ok the previous card I had in there was an Nvidia Ti 4200, I do have the latest catalyst drivers from the ATI site, and I have problems with Counterstrike: Source, FarCry, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, also, when I open up the ATI Catalyst control center, and look in the 3D tab, it shows all the problems with that car driving down the road, lots of black splotches and glitchy graphical problems.

did you uninstall the previous cards drivers? many times when you do, there is still some stuff left over and it messes with your card. i would recommend a clean reformat and then install the ati drivers

There are tools on the net to completely remove nvidia drivers. I dont know any specificaly, but some one on tf does, or a google search.

But it definatly sounds like a problem due to left over drivers.

There are no Nvidia drivers left over, after I installed the new video card, I formatted my entire hard drive, therefore there should be no drivers left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom