Mic problem on audigy2 platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I have a sound blaster audugy 2 platinum, (the one with the front 5.25 bay). This sound card comes with two mic inputs, one on the pci card and one on the front bay. I use the front bay because its easily accessable and it has a volume control.

Here is the problem: When I play a game like cs or css the mic does not work for the chat option. It seems like when ever I open a program that uses the mic the audigy software defaults it to mic1 (where mic2 is the front bay one). The same thing happens when I use skype. And every time a new map loads in cs or css it defaults mic1 to be the selected one.

Now for a temp fix I have to get in the map i am playing then atltab out to get to the volume control feature (under: start >> programs >> accessories >> entertainment). Then I have go under options to properties change it from playback to recording then select mic2 over mic1.

I have to do this every time, and its getting very annoying. How do I make the mic selection perminate?

Thanks for any help.

have you tried puting the wire for the mic for the front where the mic on back goes so it will think the front one is the back? i dont know if you can do that with that card but just a suggestion....

also, go in your sound card config and make sure its the default mic input not just the one it sometimes uses.....

The sound card does not work like you suggested in your first post. the audigy works the front ba connects to the pci card with something like a ide cable. So it is two seperate mic channels.

About your secod suggestion, I have looked but havent found anything.

well it shouldnt go back to mic one anyway....it shoudl stay on what you set it to..

look in the manual i think this is correct if your using a condesant mic i believe the rear hookup only works.But if your using a hi quality digital mic theres a jumper setting on the Sound Blaster Drive bay that you need to set .

i'll have to look through it and see if there is anything
its not a digital mic or digital mic imput on the front bay. I just dont know what else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom