What are the risks of overclocking cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will only shorten its life if you up the voltages...Also it is quite hard to actually burn out a cpu..
But there are those unlucky cases..

LegendBreath said:
I have a Duron 850 and I can overclock it to 1000 w/o putting more voltage so...

I donÂ’t really get what you tiring to say but i think i have clue.

Well first of all you donÂ’t require to put the volts up to overclock.
In most cases a CPU gets stuck at a stage and cant OC more on stock voltages. So therefore its required to up the volts to get a better OC if you want to.

In your case you have just reached the limit your CPU can go with stock volts.
Im sure if you try raise your volts you can get a higher OC but then you shorten the life of your CPU in the end.

Neosteve

Well anybody can do that its not required that you put your volts up to overclock as I stated above but at some point you going to hit a point where you CPU wont OC more on stock volts.

For instance I can get one of my CPU's from 3.0Ghz to 3.4Ghz without raising my volts but then to get above 3.4Ghz I have to raise my volts a bit to get more than 3.4Ghz and as I go higher at some points I need to raise my volts again to go any higher.

So you see you need more volts to overclock to the limit in the end.

Neosteve

in my bois when i go to frenquency i can change my clock speed which i want to do. but i dont want to fry the pci card or agp. there is a spret clock speed for the agp slot does that mean if i overclock the cpu it wont up the agp slot there for not frying the my graphics card. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom