Someone help me I'm going insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaisadam

Baseband Member
I bought a Linksys PCI Wireless internet card for a PC running Windows XP and not connected to the internet. I installed it with no problem and Windows detects it upon boot up. When trying to install the driver from the provided CD, the wizard asks me to connect to the internet, which is impossible for me to do, and when I click no, it tells me that there was a problem with installation and device might not work right etc. I tried the manual route for installing the drivers and "have disk" but when I point to the CD, it says there aren't any files with information about the card. What the hell is going on? This should be a simple driver installation but XP keeps giving me these stupid excuses. Worse of all, it actually recognized everything once and I was able to go on the internet and everything, but when I rebooted, it went back to saying there were no drivers installed! The Linksys tech support has been no help offering stupid solutions that I've already tried.

Please someone help, because I'm going insane!

see if you can browse then navigate on the Linksys cd to XP drivers it may not nessessarly find the drivers on its own .

When I was installing my NIC card. I have to copy the files from the disk and put them in a flder. Then I pointed the computer too that folder instead. If that dosnt work. Copy the windows xp drivers from the disk too a floppy and point it too the floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom