cutting case for fan placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I wanted to cut a hole in the top of my antec sx1040BII file server case to put a 120mm fan on top of the case. i wanted to know the best way to do this. i started by using a dremel but the case seems to be pretty strong and is eating away at everything i throw at it. if anyone has any ideas at what to use or how to do it id appreciate the help.

When cutting in a case, theres a chance that you can botch up your case and screw everything up. Why do you need to have another fan, mabye we can think of a more efficient way of cooling than cutting in your case.
But its very possible, and im sure many users here have done it, but not me personally.

my apartment is extremely hot and it makes my pc run hotter than it would under normal conditions. im trying to get all the cooling i can without resorting to expensive watercooling. the hole saw sounds like a good idea i just hate to go out and buy one strictly for this purpose as i dont see myself using it again for anything else but that might be my only choice.

i did it with the dremel came out pretty good. only problem is mbm5 isnt reading my case temps correctly so i dont know if it helped. if anyone can help with that problem please let me know.

What dremel attachments did you use to create the hole? Is it a perfectly smooth circle or kind of straight edged like an octagon? I have a dremel, but I don't know what the best way to cut out a circle would be besides a jigsaw which is only for the XPR series. Other than that the cutting blades are for straight lines =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom