Help with dual 6800 GT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
im new to flashing hardware, so this is prolly a really stupid question(s) but i wanted to know if you have to use the companys firmware or what. i have dual xfx 6800 gt's and i want to update them to 6800 ultra bios. is that possible?

Rather Just overclock your 6800gt to ultra speeds, bios flashing is risky. Stock speed of a 6800 ultra is 400/1100 , try overclocking to that, Btw where did you get those 6800gt's?

well can u overclock dual cards the same, i use powerstrip normally and i havent tried but i overclocked stably to over ultra speeds when i had ordered my first card and was waiting for the second so these cards are very good. i got these cards on newegg by the way i think they are almost 500 each but i think they are the best value for sli since ultras are more and they dont give you much performance gain since these are overclockable to ultra speed and ultras also take up 2 slots.

they are $495.50 for the 256 versions and $186 for the 6600gt 128

But they are out of stock:(

People normally use the Overclocking feature directly in the nVidia control panel, it works pretty well and also tells you your cards temperatures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom