If you have an ASUS A8V deluxe come here ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Ive got a question about which way some of the wires plug in so its probaly best if you own one as its going to be specific ....

So my question is ....

All the wires like power switch, reset swicth, internal speaker thing .... they all plug into these pins at the bottom of the board in one group.

Does it matter which way they go in or not? beacuase i think they will fit in both ways :confused:

They will fit in both ways. There will be no damage if they are the wrong way they just wont work.

Connect Reset Switch: Find the wires coming from the reset switch and attach them to the appropriate pin connector on the motherboard. This switch has no polarity so it doesn't matter which way you connect it to to the motherboard
Connect Case Power Switch (ATX systems only): On ATX systems the power switch on the case attaches to the motherboard and not the power supply. Find the appropriate two-pin connector and attach the wires coming from the switch to them. Make sure you don't mix this up with the reset switch.
You can plug LEDs in backwards and it won't hurt them or the motherboard. Switches do not have a polarity and can be plugged-in either way. The speaker can be plugged-in either way

ive just realised ive got another wire coming from the fron of the case. It has two wires, one yellow and the other white, and on the end of it is a molex connector. I can only guess this plugs into another molex right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom