dell case, possible to soup up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumagt500 said:
Its fun too build a computer. I was wondering cant you just buy a new mobo mark where you want the holes. Drill them with a small bit and then tap the holes. Then at lan parts people will think you have a stock dell but under that hood your running 64 bits of rage.

you'd need a new mobo tray, i dont think it would work with the one Dell uses (most of them are really flimsy) you could just use the dell CASING and rip out the actual interior, get a really cheap ATX case and rip off the casing and swap. it'd be alot of work cutting it all to fit but i think it's doable and it would fool alot of people lmao.

Yea I guess it is too flimsy. They dont build em like they used too. I could do that though. My fathers father was a tool maker and metal worker. When he passed my father got all of his tools and machinery. Now my dad gave me all the tools and machinery. So I have all the tools too do metal work of the calibur. Or couldnt you just beef up the original tray by welding or riviting a piece of sheet metal under it. Or adding some hollow squar aluminum rods and welding them under the tray.

yeah, but this guy is nervous about getting into building computers, he doesn't need to fool around with a case mod job, he's not even sure about his video card, i got the computer working bug from my friends, it's mainly just picking the right parts and putting them together, no fabrication is really needed, especially at first

If you can afford to literally ruin this Dell case and you have a replacement on hand i'd say go for it. Otherwise if worst comes to worst and you totally ruin it (say torch the mobo tray or get it too hot and melt it) you might not have a case to run the PC in. Modding is fun, i always say go for it unless you don't have a backup plan.

Well there is no reason too torch any component or piece of the computer. I highly doubt your gonna melt the aluminum tray IF you do torch it. You would have to have that torch on the tray for longer then you think. Itll worp easy though. So if you inucure about welding use rivits there easy permenent and safe. Modding is very fun and easy. I wish I had a dell case too mod. I could make it look so awsome.

yea my skool has the same ones. You cant make to many case mods for it. You know skools
Dell charges $1,000
skool pays $4,000 just to raise the taxes

Don't feel itimidated building a PC, start researching parts around the web, and reading these forums and asking questions.

When the time comes when you have money to dish out on one, we will be more than happy to guide you along. I gurantee you if you have a question, at least one person on this forum will have a legitimate answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom