batch jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Is it possible to run batch (.bat) jobs as an executable on a win98 SE machine? If so, what do I need to do and how? Any help is appreciated.

I am able to run it from my work but not on my home pc. Why is that? I set it up the same way but it doesn't work at home? I would open up notepad, tpye the following text...iexplore http://www.espn.com and a few other web sites, save the files and call the file sports.bat.

Then every time I would click on it, it would bring me to evey site in it. When I do it at home, it opens up a DOS prompt saying bad command. Any ideas why?

is your home pc the windows 98 pc?

try swapping "iexplorer" with "start"

In order to have all sites appear, you need to change a setting in IE. Select Internet Options from the Tools menu, click the Advanced tab, and uncheck the box titled Reuse windows for launching shortcuts

One thing I would check is to see what the .exe file for internet explorer really is. I think it might be different for 98, but I don't have a box to find out.

Also, the full command that should work cross version is Start browserexecutable.exe website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom