2% Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to jump off subject but man you guys have some low cpu temps. i have a p4 prescott with this heatsink http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-103-144&depa=0
and arctic silver 5 and mine idles at around 38-39 and gets to like 43 when im surfing and playing music, light load basically. i havent had it at a constant full load yet but im guessing it will get up to 50 or so. and you guys are talking about being in the high 30s at full load. :) must be nice

Well dude I put like $100 into fans, modding, after market heatsink, plus it's an XP-Mobile so it has lower wattage, vcore, temps etc..etc..., so lol I better be in the 30's!! :p

But yeah like I said AND_YOU_ARE I just formatted literally like 2-3 weeks ago when I bought a new hard drive. So itd be ridiculously to already have to format again, although I may just for my own paranoia =/

Bah! I say!!

Bingo...Nubius...that new hard drive might be the problem...I hope you didn't get it from Circuit City...they take old and returned hard drives...repackage them...and sell them as new...they even have defective ones too...and they go as far as taking a 20gb and selling it as 30gb or higher...

I got it from newegg, and I know it's not the problem because the temps didn't rise as soon as I put in the hard drive, they rose after a couple weeks. Other than that I've had no problems with this drive and doubt that's the reason. It'd sooner be the fact that I now have 4 HD's running in my case opposed to 2, but still that 2% bump every 10 seconds bugs me.

XP, I've always had XP, but I'm trying to think of anything I may have installed or something along those lines that might do this.

Did you ever install F@H and run it at lowest possible CPU usage? That is what usually causes these unexpected CPU usage boosts...

Nah I don't do those kind of programs or anything like that. I turned on CPU Thermal Throttling and removed Bootvis via the Add/Remove programs and now it's sitting at like 33-34C so I'm gonna leave the computer and see if when I get back its at like 30-31 like it should be

how about disabling some services in services.msc

also, after putting a new hard drive, it could be running warmer than the old one
are you running 2 hard drives in it now?

when you put the hard drive in, you could also have moved the computer tower in a slightly different position somehow impeding airflow of one of the fans by a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom