6600GT Underperforming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get at least PC3200, but HyperX means lower latency, and although it does make a difference it is not much

I would personally get Kingmax, it is good quality RAM and is not very expensive
you can get Kingmax PC4000 for usually less than the "high performance" PC3200 RAM

512 PC2100 DDR

Your RAM...get yourself some Kingmax Hardcore Series PC4000 it'll help you to oc also

well unfortunately ddr400 is the highest i can get, my motherbaord doesnt support higher

I believe that has to do with heat really. Once you start maxing out the FSB of the system then it creates more heat on the north bridge which most motherboard has crappy NB cooling and if you were planning on putting the CPU and RAM at a 1:1 ratio creating a higher than 400 FSB then you'd need better NB cooling and possibly more voltage needed for it to run smooth.

But if you know all that already and know what you're doing with a computer then you can use PC4000

Not really. Got any board in particular that you know of because honestly everyone I've seen sucks. For overclocking and raising the total system FSB, the stock NB cooler isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom