Patition Magic destroy my data

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
hi ,
I just brought a new 200 GB HD ,so i copy a lots of data from my friend . Then i partition it into 2 drives by using partition magic ,
after the computer reboot , it ask my to format my new HD
and i cannot browse the drive .

What should i do to keep the data inside my HD ?
Using Win 2000

u needed to format it on the mobo that you will be using it on. very rarely can you just take a hd and format it on one pc then switch it to another pc and expect the OS to work right.

madking153 said:
hi ,
I just brought a new 200 GB HD ,so i copy a lots of data from my friend . Then i partition it into 2 drives by using partition magic ,
after the computer reboot , it ask my to format my new HD
and i cannot browse the drive .

What should i do to keep the data inside my HD ?
Using Win 2000

Maybe you set the settings different from your other partition. It's possible one partition is NTFS or FAT32 and the other partition is in an unrecognizable format.

-Dan The Man

madking153 Partition Magic destroyed your data by messing up your partitions. The software is vey prone to cause corruption. I stay clear away from it unless I have no choice and always save all data before you try to use it.

Use data recovery software like EasyRecovery Pro v6.03 to TRY to recover your data. do not format or do anything to your hard disk or you might overwrite files. use another hard disk to install windows on use EasyRecovery Pro v6.03 to scan your corrupted disk. or another way is use another computer and slave the corrupted disk to it and use EasyRecovery Pro v6.03 to scan it.

actually this is another HD , the system file is in another HD .
Well , i can see from the partition magic that my file still there , but when i explore my HD - it ask my to format ...so i should use data recovery software?

check the drive in computer manament. it might be set up as a dynamic disc

if that isn't it. delete that hard drive. repartition it. take your comp over to your friend's and network them. then copy the files

question - so is it impossible that partition happen when HD got data inside ? must format after partition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom