Half-Life2 crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbhakta

Baseband Member
I just PURCHASED a copy of half life 2, and i installed steam, HL2, and made an account. everything was going fine... i registered it, decrypted the game files, and then i opened up hl2. during the loading screen, where the backround is out of focus, hl2 suddenly crashed. Ive tried several times, restarted computer, and even reinstalled it a few times; but it still doesnt work..... please help me...

specs:
Dell Dimension 2350
windows xp
2.0ghz p4
256mb Ram
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Card

there are no error messages. well according to minimum requirements, i meet the minimum requirements. however, do those take into account the aperture in the ram for video cards which have shared ram?

integrated graphics isnt all that good for latest dx 9 games like hl2 or doom 3. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed.

you REALLY need a new graphics card, that one will not run HL2, its too slow, way to slow. you also need at least 512 ram also...sorry buddy i know it sux but i used to have a similiar setup, and in order to run CS source i had to upgrade

do you have PCI or AGP slot?

Half Life 2 recommends a proccesor clocked at 2.4Ghz and 512MB RAM, both of which you do not have. It also suggests a GPU with Direct X 9.0.

Although it is true the minimum requirements are 1.2Ghz, 256MB RAM, and a GPU with Direct X 7.0, those will not run the game very well, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom