2% Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I've noticed my CPU temps are higher than normal lately. The load temp is still 38C, but my idle temps are 35-36C when normally those are the temps I get when surfing around, listening to music, checking mail etc...etc..

And when I'd leave my computer it'd go into Idle state and get down to like 28-30C...but now...when I come back after letting my computer sit for quite some time, its remaining at 35C....

I look in the taskbar and just sit there and every 10 seconds or so the CPU Utilization hits 2%.... Now I'm thinking theres gotta be something running on my machine to cause this, but I've scanned a million different times using even more different scanners and have found nothing. I just formatted like 2 weeks ago.

I'm wondering if when I used Bootvis that now it's automatically always keeping the HD up to par? Or if there just IS something running on my machine. Anyway it's bugging the ever living life out of me, anyone else want to throw in their opinions?

yeah, buy my computer.....no just kidding. damn, i'm having the exact opposite happening with my new mobo, same cpu, was 35c average, now 18c.....what background apps do you have running?
re-seat the cpu and do the thermal paste thing again, you know clean the works completely, get rid of that bootvis thing........

Nah there's no way I'm reseating the heatsink. I already had good temps, so it's not like it was seated bad in the first place, it's like somethins freakin running.

I have Spybot and it's Teatimer thing running, AIM, and motherboard monitor are about the only things runnin in the background besides the normal windows operating processes.

I don't know about yours, either you got an insanely lucky and good reseating or like I told you earlier, the Diode isn't accurate on one of the motherboards, but yeah I don't know how to just get rid of Bootvis, its not like an installer file, but I'll try some things.

If nothing, well I got a new case coming next week anyway so I'll just format again or somethin =P

On my pc, my cpu useage is at 0 or 1. I have a lot of programs running in the background, NAVC, Asus probe, Stopzilla Zone Alarm Pro, Creative software, MMJB. But my temps dont go up like that.

Well the only reason I can find out that the temp isn't going down to 28-31C is because it keeps going up to 2%, just enough to keep it warm because if temps overall were going up my load temp would be higher too, but it's not, just the idle temp =/

Done that, I'm down to bare minimum processes besides the couple extras I listed off.

I think that is a common Windows error. What OS are you running? If it is Windows XP then that is common. What is dangerous in all Windows, especially 2000 where it happens the most, is if you get 100% usage at boot and it takes it two hourse to boot up. That means you have a system error. As far as you're concerned that is nothing to worry about. However, you might have something running on your computer. I don't know if there is something called an undetectable virus or spyware/adware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom