dell case, possible to soup up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
I have an old dell dimension 4500s that i will soon get for myself. now, its really no good at all for gaming ..

specs:
1.8ghz p4
256RAM
onboard intel card (PCI)
20 GB HD

now, is it possible to put in a new mobo, etc into it? i ask b/c the case is sorta thin...anyone know?

Nope. Dell makes their cases so that you need them to upgrade any parts in it. A normal standard ATX motherboard more than likely won't fit into the dell because of the dimensions, screw positions, etc...etc...

You need to build a computer if you want customness, dells are .....well.....dells and they really don't deviate from that

hha ok, i didnt think so anyway, it was just a try

PS i cant build computers, its too hard, IF i have enoguh $$ i'm just gonna buy one, but only the actuall computer, not like moniter etc, just adds more money

but i will research well this time for the good gaming computer, i didnt know about agp and all that stuff b4 i bought the last computer

nah it's not hard. Its the fact you sit there and tell yourself it's hard that prevents you from doing it. Trust me man back in August of 2004 is when I first signed up for this website and my first question was

"How do I pick a Power supply? How many molex connectors do they have?" <---- that noobish or what?

It's fairly easy to learn and in the long run would be a lot better than a dell machine.

Plus you already want to try and 'soup' it up just think of the possibilities with a home built machine :D

Nubius said:
when I first signed up for this website and my first question was

"How do I pick a Power supply? How many molex connectors do they have?" <---- that noobish or what?

those are the things that confuse me, how one would know how much power you need, and how much fans you need... lol

There's tons of places to look up that kind of info, and that's what we're here for, to point you in that direction ;)

Yeah, Dells are crap to try to soup up. I'm currently on one :p waiting on replacement hard drive.

Trust me, dude, last year roughly around May I was saving up to buy a pc from Alienware, but then a friend suggested building one. I really had no idea what I was doing at that time. With about a month of research and a lil over 1000 invested, I made my first build. Trust me, you'll have more satisfaction building

Its fun too build a computer. I was wondering cant you just buy a new mobo mark where you want the holes. Drill them with a small bit and then tap the holes. Then at lan parts people will think you have a stock dell but under that hood your running 64 bits of rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom