Possible to build an ok computer for 650?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its neither confusing nor a pain. I built my first one over christmas and im only 16.

Cant wait till summer. I'm planning to build an entirely new computer with 939 and SLI capabilities.

Hey guys. I tweaked my list a little (a lot actually) but heres what I got now:(I know its more than 650, but I can save up, and I got a friend that can get me parts for dirt cheap):

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 939-Pin 64-bit

Motherboard: MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939

Memory: PATRIOT Extreme Performance 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology, Model PEP5123200+XBL

Video Card: PNY nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB GDDR3, 128-Bit, Dual DVI/HDTV, PCI-Express, Model "VCG6600GXPB"

Cd drive: I/O Magic 12X Dual Format DVD±RW Drive, Model IDVD12D

Heatsink: Thermalright Heatsink for P4 & K8 CPUs, Heatsink Only, Model "XP-90"

Case + power supply: ANTEC Solution Series Super Mid Tower Case with 350W Power Supply, Model "SLK3700AMB"

Speakers: ALTEC LANSING VS4121 2.1 MULTIMEDIA Speakers

Keyboard + mouse: Microsoft® Wireless Optical Desktop Pro, Keyboard And Mouse Combo

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 19" CRT Monitor with DynaFlat Screen - Silver/Black

So how is that? Got any suggestions on anything?

With the comp. I set up, Will It be able to play games like Doom 3, HL 2, Halo 2 (when its out) and all other new online shooters?

Mine is worth about $350 right now. I run Doom and FarCry at 30FPS. I have a crap case, and I just leave the side panel off.

I suppose you could wait till summer. 30FPS is good, but not great.

Hey guys. If I had a better amount of money to spend (1000-1100), what would you think I should get for the computer Taht Im building?

I wouldnt worry so much about the sound card, that can be added in anytime, and most motherboards come with at least 5.1 sound now. You are right about the 939 pin processor though, that will let you upgrade later. Good choice. Im rough-guessing you are about $200 over your budget with that setup you did, but I'm sure that computer will be great. I always spend way more then I plan on when I build my computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom