CD burning and CD drive not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ty274

Beta member
I have a Windows XP Toshiba laptop and lateley my CD burner has'nt been working. I tryed using three seperate programs so far (Windows Media Player, Drag'n Drop CD+DVD, and Realplayer) to burn audio tracks or data to a CD, but they haven't worked. Everytime I start up my computer I get a message that says something like "to enable DVD burning, you must disable CD burning. Would you like to disable this feature? (yes/no). I click no but CD burning still does not work. Same thing if I click yes. I get this message whenever I try to burn a CD too. I also tried using the control panel to disable DVD burning (Control panel\System\System Properties\Hardware\Device Manager\DVD/CD-ROM Drives\MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-811) by configuring the property, "device usage", to disable. This too was to no avail. Also now my CD drive isnÂ’t working for some reason although my DVD drive still works. Can anybody help me out with this please?

Well since your CD drive stopet working that means you messed somthing up. Since it worket before you tryed disabling. I suggest sticking with its original program. Then reading the manual. Its only a cd burner so you should be able to figure it out.

I tryed going back to my origonal configurations but my CDs still don't work.

can anyone else help me?

I don't know if it helps but when I click on My Computer when I have a CD in I ge the message:

"D:\ is not accessible. The request could not be completed because of an I/O device error."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom