Reformatting questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh2721

Beta member
hey , im thinking about reformatting my comp but i have a question. I just bought a ati 9800 pro and installed it but now since im going to reformat my comp do i need to unscrew it out of the case and when its doen reformatting put it back in or will it be ok if i just leave it in my case while it reformats. I got reformat disc from hp and it says to un connect the printer and cable modem while reformatting so i was just wondering if i need to take it out.?

Thanks

Not at all. The format doesn't affect any other piece of hardware in your computer apart from the hard drive itself. You are just clearing you hard drives of all files and drivers but when you do reistall Windows make sure you have the correct drivers and if they are all on one cd then make sure it doesn't install the VGA driver as you have a new card now and it would probaly mess up your comp. But if your graphics are intergrated into your motherboard then you will need to go into the bios and diable them.

Whenever I buy any new parts for my comp I always format my hard drives to make sure everthing runs ok.

Anymore questions just ask.

yes and your ati 9800 pro will just go to basic mode until you install the driver for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom