Clearing Up Some Thangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipX

Banned
the X850 XT PE destroys the 6800 Ultra EE without question.

the X850 XT PE easily outperforms TWO 6600 Ultras (SLI).

---

why is it that everyone insists that nvidia won this round?

PRICES ASIDE: you never take the price into consideration when comparing hardware. this happens all of the time and it is wrong.

---

1) this thread is intended to clear up the rumors surrounding us. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A POSITIVE ARGUEMENT, THEN DO NOT POST because it will just result in this thread being closed.

2) N O F L A M E W A R S

I believe that Nvidia is kinda like Intel. More people know about it, therefore thats what they get. It's more integrated into our lives. I will admit, they do have a better numbering scheme too. Being a Nvidia fan myself, and having no experience with ATI, I would tend to keep to the same companies product if there are no flaws to argue over.

Yes, where exactly did you come to this conclision? I am not doubting it, I am just wondering. I have had only ATI cards, but I went with them because they were the best when I was looking for a card.

He is right of course, the following benchmarks don't lie, the 6800GT Ultra only wins in Doom 3, but that is to be expected anyways.

So as not to bore you with pages filled with graphs that show a X850XT PE slightly besting the X800XT PE in all benchmarks we think it is suffice to say that the X850XT PE is the fastest graphic card currently available for PCI-E, whilst the X800XT PE still holds the performance crown for AGP. Only in Doom3 NVIDIA's GeForce 6800GT and 6800 Ultra manage to best both ATI graphics cards. LetÂ’s just hope that the X850XT PE doesnÂ’t turn out to be a phantom edition like the X800XT PE was and we see actual availability for those who can afford it.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1761/

Make no bones about it, the X850XT-PE can easily best the NVIDIA 6800Ultra in many of today’s latest 3D gaming titles, and Catalyst driver maturation is evident in these latest evaluations. And while it does fall a bit behind in DOOM 3, it hardly delivers anything close to what could be described as “bad” performance. Still, at a suggested retail price of US$549, the Radeon X850XT-PE should give you nothing less than the ultimate gaming experience in every gaming title.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njk3LDE=

It's when you consider the performance on offer, clearly the most that any single card on the market can offer, that the niggles start to fade from view. You're CPU limited a bunch of the time with the board which means you're really going to want to pair it with something like FX-55, but if you can afford one, you can generally afford the other. It doesn't get faster than X850 XT Platinum Edition, it's as simple as that.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD05MzY=

Those are the first three reviews google pulled up by the way.

i don't like that first quote, i was really wanting some hard benchmarks between the two cards, the x850xt pe and the 6800 Ultra, after thumbing through all the links, i still didn't see a direct comparison. it's not like i should care that much, i only have a plain 6800, but it would be nice to have some proof, not just words telling us this info. i mean, i beleve the x850xtpe beats out the 6800 Ultra, but by how much, is it worth the difference in FPS to get a 850xtpe over a 6800Ultra?

Uhhhh, did you not read the links I provided? The first one clearly has benchmarks comparing the x850XTPE, x800XTPE, 6800 Ultra, and 6800 GT in FarCry, HL2, Doom 3, Future3Dmark 03 and Future3Dmark05.

I don't know what else you would want, and I randomly selected the first three reviews pulled up in hopes of preventing bias.

ChipX said:
the X850 XT PE destroys the 6800 Ultra EE without question.

the X850 XT PE easily outperforms TWO 6600 Ultras (SLI).

---

why is it that everyone insists that nvidia won this round?

PRICES ASIDE: you never take the price into consideration when comparing hardware. this happens all of the time and it is wrong.

---

1) this thread is intended to clear up the rumors surrounding us. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A POSITIVE ARGUEMENT, THEN DO NOT POST because it will just result in this thread being closed.

2) N O F L A M E W A R S

Ok the reason i think they say that nvidia has won the round is becuase of its SLI technology and also before the X850 series came out the 6800 series where beating the X800 seires in a few things but they where mostly neck to neck the hole time.

Now with SLI no ATI card can touch two 6800GT's or Ultras in benchmarks and some games which take advatage of nvidias SLI technology.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom