VCD problems, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

azury

All Seeing Eye
Hey.
I have burned a Video Cd (vcd) and I didn't know how to open it. I was told to go to the cd, enter MPEGAV directory and drag the *.dat file into the Windows Media Player. It is weird, cause it was good before, but now it writes me: 'No combinations or filters could be found to render the stream'. I wonder how can I watch them... I gave it to one friend, and it worked for him too. And I gave it to an other friend, and it didn't work for him (so this revoke the claim that this cd is damaged).
Please help soon!
thanks alot m8s!

I don't know any other media program. I know QuickTime, MMJB and such, but none of the above I know can open vcd files.

thanks alot for your help m8!!!!
I've downloaded WinDVD and it works now (on WinDVD)!
Later on I'll try downloading the WinCoder from the same place and by Indeo too, and hopefully it will work from Windows Media Player too!!
thanks alot m8.

here is the answer

the program is called movie play. it is old but i use it now for more than 4 years and it works like a bomb

Attachments

• reverse polarity.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
Glad to be of help;) I also have some vcds that wont work in windows media player.

Chopper, so WinDVD and PowerDVD should do the work (I was told that this is because it ain't a vcd - it is a svcd, and windows media player does not compail it correctly).
thanks.

azury said:
Chopper, so WinDVD and PowerDVD should do the work (I was told that this is because it ain't a vcd - it is a svcd, and windows media player does not compail it correctly).
thanks.

Hmmmm that could be the reason. I never thought about that.
Thanks.

right click on the dat file while holding down the shife key then click on open with click the box always use this program then choose media player after that you can just double click the dat files

hey m8, don't worry friend :)
it's all good, PowerDVD and WinDVD are very good. thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom