computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaznfirez

Solid State Member
there a few things that will crash my computer (what i mean by crashing is the computer will freeze and i have to press the reset button):
1-playing .rmvb/.rm files will crash my computer 95% of the time
2-playing music on wmp with a few programs running will crash 50% of the time
3-using a program to convert one file type to another will crash 99% of the time

any specific ideas on what it could be? e.g. types of hardwares? thanks

computer temp seems to be ok ~30+*C

comp specs:
Athlon XP 1800+
512 kingston pc2100 ram
60 gb maxtor/western digital? hd
geforce 3 ti200
sound blaster audigy
acorp/via mother board
10/100 ethernet card
pioneer dvd-rom
lite-on cdr-w
pioneer dvd-rw

You might have some spyware, viruses or registry errors on your computer. Have you ran any spyware, viruse or registry cleaners?

the ram is brand new...everything is brand new...its never been booted..thats wut im trying to do...i just bought it all..and put it together...so im gettin a bit depressed.

i did a spyware scan, a antivirus scan, and a registry cleaner. the computer still crashes. yes, it crashes in games 90% of the time.

CPU and memory look to be the problem.

Also, never run multiple proccesses while encoding files, encoding is a huge strain on the CPU, and especially for a 1800+, so that's probably why it crashes nearly all the time when you try encoding.

i know this sounds crazy but, uninstall sp2 (if ur running sp2) then get all available updates EXCEPT sp2. once all available have been installed, try re-installing sp2 again. this fixed random crashes for me on my brand spanking new built pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom