laptop with linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

trugoy

Baseband Member
i have 2 digital HiNote vp laptops with linux..roblem is one has a password to boot which i don't know and the other makes it as far as the log on window then prompts for pw and i don't know that one either..is there anyway bypass this? thanks in advance

well what i really want to do is dump the linux altogether and reformatt with win98....isn't there programs out there that help you retrieve lost passwords

I don't think there's anything out there for linux...I have a bootable CD that will let me get into any NTFS filesystem and change passwords and stuff.

i have a friend who says he has something that will work with linux..meeting him friday i'll let you know what happens just incase the question comes up again.

what's up shan..ok..we were able to get into one of them..the one that made it to the password log on window..the one that had the password to boot wasn't having it.. we even took it apart and still couldn't find the c-moss battery...anyway we got past the password logon window using partitions magic 8.0..it took a couple of tries though but finally got windows 98 on if anyone knows where the c-moss battery is on this puppy is let me know thanks in advance..(digital HiNote vp) laptop

oh on another note there is a program i can't remember the name it's called somthing "commander "thats suppose to be good a getting lost or forgotten passwords if i remember i'll post back if anyone else knows let me know..thanks again

ERD COMMANDER by piller solutions or pillar solutions. I forget which 1 im thinking its the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom