Screw Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How quickly you turn on ATI! Well, the reason that is so expensive is because it is PCI-Express. The AGP version will be cheaper. The Nvidia equivalent to the X600 is the GeForce 6200.

Man that's ridiculous.

Equivelant of a X600 pro would probably be a 6200 lol

From everything I've read the X600 was basically a complete waste of time and performance. It was supposed to be the equivelant of the 6600 but by all benches the 6600 just completely lays waste to it.

beedu, I hate to break it to ya, but the AGP version of native PCIe graphics cards have a bridge which changes the interface from AGP to PCIe. So, AGP is the more expensive version and this is true with the 6600GT as well as other cards. Let me tell you something, I'm not going to pay $453 for some graphics card that will par with a 6600GT according to actual pricing. I think I can replace my X600 Pro with a 6200.

If you want a high performing graphics card, you are going to have to pay for it. The 6600GT is currently the one of the only options that will really get you "bang for your buck." Everything else higher end such as the 6800s and X800s have unbelievable performance, but it comes at a price.

its because its powercolor... check the facts before posting "screw ati".

this thread should be closed before starting a flame war.

Oh, and Nubius, the X600 Pro is one of the worst cards I've ever used. The only reason I'm not noticing a problem with it is because I do alot of animation and some computer gaming. The X600 Pro doesn't do that well in gaming, but it isn't bad either. However, I'm thinking of getting a better card and from benches I've seen even the 6200 is better than the X600 Pro let alone I think the XT. I gotta go find that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom