X-Box PS2 or PC with 9800 pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm....why does chips post say last edited by me at the bottom?

Weird....

Anywho, yeah consoles are behind. Remember the days when video arcades used to be top?

But yeah like I said it's no contest comparing an updated PC with a console.

The PS3 has been delayed simply because there's a lot of games to come out for PS2 this year and next so they are holding it off for that mainly...but still you know the PS3 and Xbox2 will deliver some amazing graphics.

Yes, but I'm not ready to pay 300+ USD for a console when I can get a great computer that will give me even moster graphics.

It depends on the games dude. And besides you wait a month and the price drops. But the consoles will always have a massive selection of games always coming out on the fly. PC games especially now are becoming huge and cost more and take longer than a major motion picture.

If a cellshading game was released on PC like viewtiful joe or something PC people would probably gripe at the 'waste' of good graphics.

What people can't seem to understand is, a fun game is more important than just pretty graphics

I've never particularily cared for any gaming console, most of them are just plain garbage and not worth the money in my opinion. I mean, if a first generation GPU costs nearly twice as much as a first generation gaming console, it really says a lot about the console.

nubius... i put that in my sig as a joke... ill remove it if u want! ;)

megadeth... what is ur problem man? my specs have nothing to do with this thread.

Now it really was edited by me. Take them fightin words to PM if you want but don't initiate a war here please. And yes remove the Edited ChipX

- Nubius

"consoles suck. they are so behind in technology."

Sure consoles are behind in technology, but they don't suck. First of all, like I said, not all of us can spend whatever huge amount of money you spent on that great computer. You saying consoles suck makes it seem as computers are the only way to do sufficient gaming. Remember, the only reason console gaming is more popular than PC gaming is because of the price. Consoles deliver equal graphics and great games to EVERYONE (key word) for a decent price. Not everyone has a PC you know. "consoles suck..." is an inaccurate statement. Them being behind in technology is an accurate statement.

nubius... im sorry. calling megadeth an asshole was out of line.

...and no probs... i will remove the 'edited...'.

megadeth, he asked what the pc equivalent was... i told him that they suck compared to pc's because they are almost TEN years behind in tech.

Nubius said:
Well considering Xbox and PS2 were $300 upon release I shudder to think of what the price of PS3 and Xbox2 will be.

The PS2 has a lot of great games and games with good graphics at that. As weak as it may seem it's still a damn good console. Gamecube is mainly for the younger audience and has few games which really show off it's ability. And yeah of course Xbox reigns highest with fastest loading times and smoother graphics...however

taking a look at games like HL2 and the up and coming S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it's a no brainer that a gaming PC will destroy a console. But for someone who isn't a nerd and doesn't play the PC a $300 console to play a variety of games is a perfect solution.

Or if your like me, you want the best of both worlds. I have PS2 and Gamecube.....I put a bomb in my XBOX and blew it up :D Stopped reading discs sooo yeah I killed it

You know your X-BOX was probolly misaligned, and turning a dial inside would fix it?

And X-BOX 2 will whoop the PC's ass if the specs are true.

3x 3.4 GHZ IBM Processors (same as g5's) with hyperthreading on each.
Some uber fast ATI card
like 512 meg of ram

I hope it's not true, because PC > X-BOX (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom