My Maxtor Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Well my maxtor is on the verge of biting the dust. I ran speedfan which told me the drive has 0% fitness but 100% performace. Its not looking good. I ordered this as the replacement drive.

I decided to try seagate after everything I have heard about them. My other two drives are samsung, they are doing well considering the use they get.

One thing that might have lead it to an early grave is the fact I do a lot of audio, video editing that involves large files and moving them around. As well as compression and extrasion. It all helps to wear a drive out.

But the samsungs are hanging in there.

The Seagate seems to be very good. I generally like Seagate for its reliability and stable performance. I also liek it because it Seagate drives come with a 5 year Warranty which is cool.

DoesnÂ’t your motherboard support SATA if so get a Seagate 160G SATA instead of IDE is a bit faster and the SATA also supports SATA 2 which is up to 20 percent performance improvement over previous SATA drives.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-034&depa=1

Neosteve

It seems like people have nothing but problems with these Maxtor drives. I would think though, that if it was really that bad, then they wouldn't be near as big of a player in the hard drive market.

IÂ’ve had no problems with my drive what so ever.
A slight reason I think way Maxtor drives fail is the heat they generate which whereÂ’s them down over time is you donÂ’t have a fan to cool them by your drives.

I have a fan in front of all my drives and still my Maxtor drive is quite hot, hotter than all my other drives in my case.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom