Please wait...when starting XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo Kilo

Baseband Member
When I start up my computer, it says "please wait while windows configures copy".

It looks for a disc and I can't get it to go away every time I startup.

This seems to be related to the .NET framework. Does anyone know how to uninstall it?

It says:

"An unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application"

Nope. Once you install the .NET framework, you're stuck with it. There's no reason to remove it, either, as .NET is freaking awsome.

Either you messed something up, the installation is corrupt, or you've got a bootleg copy of Windows...at which point our help ends...

Just make sure you reinstall .NET if you do remove it. .NET is great, and everything new is built for it. Having Windows XP without .NET is like having Linux without the hordes of socially-deprived nerds...it just won't work as well.

lmfao Shoobie, always got a way of puttin things.

yes, if you uninstall it, first test to make sure uninstall fixed the problem... then attempt to update and reinstall .net
if it still happens, now you know how to remove it again.
if it does happen again i'm willing to bet it's not the .net update but rather something conflicting with it, something already on your system. That's Big time bad news and prob. time to back up and rebuild.

but lets just try and uninstall .net before all that.

good luck

BTW, when it says "please wait while windows configures copy" how long did you wait?

And throw us some sys specs, man...I mean, look at Roshi...he's turning green...

Well, it looks for a CD that I don't have at all for some reason and it does not specify what CD. The install can't complete and I get a Error 2098 or something and so I hit cancel. Then it pops right back up.

So here's what I did. I typed msconfig and saw that some ASP.net service was in the startup services. I turned it off and now there's no problem.

I'm not sure if this will effect anything else, but it works so far. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom